Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Vent Your Road Rage

I saw this website mentioned in sfgate.com this morning: platewire.com. It's a site where you can leave comments, good or bad, about other drivers you may come across.

Here's an example from Nevada:


Nevada 804-XXX

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Blue NISSAN

Las Vegas (Nevada)

This guy drives in the leftmost lane of a three lane road for miles and miles every single day holding up traffic and making people pass him on the right over and over. MOVE OVER YOU IDIOT! Slower traffic keep right. Have you never heard that?


It may not make a difference to the guy in the Nissan, but let's hope that the guy who posted it can relax the next time he comes across this driver.

I was in a hit-and-run traffic accident on May 19, 2006, and a witness caught the license plate of the driver. I think my insurance made some feeble attempts to contact the car owner, but the police wouldn't even pursue it. They said I should feel lucky, because if they (the police) were pursuing the case, it would mean I was either missing a limb or dead. (Those were the detective's words.) I thought about pursuing a civil case against the car owner, but decided that it wasn't worth the stress. But I am careful whenever I see a red and grey early 90's GMC Suburban with California plates driving by. And I check for damage on the front left panel...

No comments: