Friday, June 06, 2008

Aquatic Park Swim

As a quick note, I swam at Aquatic Park yesterday morning. I hadn't been in the Bay for quite some time and the cold water was really a shock. The temperature was somewhere around 55, and the water temperature yesterday at Lake Coeur d'Alene was 53-54. There were more swimmers than usual there in preparation for Sunday's Escape From Alcatraz Triathlon. I also noticed, for the first time at Aquatic Park, small jellyfish washed up on the beach, as well as some blubbing their way through the water. No one seemed to be complaining about them so I just hopped in. After getting out, I noticed a seal swimming around a bit. He disappeared under the water when a group of swimmers approached...

2 comments:

Ali Rae said...

Burr... I remember my first swim at Aquatic Park. That cold water knocked the air out of my lungs! 2.4 miles, wow Anne. Was that two laps around the perimeter or even three? I'm impressed. : )

Michelle said...

As a born and raised midwesterner...this seriously freaks me out. I have to contend with belly-up stinky fish in our not-so-fresh fresh lakes, thick algae and the occasional beach closing due to goose poop. No seals, no jellyfish, no sharks. I'll take it (although maybe when I come to San Fran you'll take me out there???? I like to say, "I did that once." :)