Monday, March 02, 2009

2009 DiabetesMine Design Challenge!

It's time to get your creative juices flowing for the 2009 DiabetesMine Design Challenge, which was announced by Amy Tenderich of DiabetesMine this morning. A while back, Amy asked me if I would be willing to participate in the video announcement for this contest; of course I readily agreed! I strongly believe that huge strides in diabetes management could be made by improving the design of current medical devices, without necessarily requiring huge improvements in the medical technology itself. (Although, I would love to see some diabetes products that don't require expensive and high maintenance disposable parts. And of course a super-accurate, noninvasive blood glucose meter is the holy grail!)

View the video below, and check out the rules at the official contest page. There are top-notch judges and cash prizes of up to $10,000!


No comments: