Thursday, May 08, 2008

Wildflower Note

There will be more to come on Wildflower but as a quick update, the race went well. I ended up going with Levemir and was happy with the outcome. From last year I took 3 minutes off my swim, about 10 minutes off my bike, and 9 minutes off my run. That adds up to 22 minutes but somehow I spent forever in transition and had a time of only 17 minutes faster. (I did forget to put my timing chip back on after the swim and forgot it yet again before the run and had to go back to get it right before I left the transition area. Argh!) It was great to meet up with Bill and Peter and some good friends from my San Francisco tri team. We scored a prime location for camping and enjoyed clear starry nights.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Anne - you are starting to look like a sleek machine! Wait until Ironman day... :)

Anonymous said...

anne, congratulations! Slow transitions aside, it must feel great to cut so much time off your previous PR.

I was chuckling while reading your post because I once cut almost 20 minutes off of my Olympic PR; I was in the best shape I had ever been in, had a great race, and was wildly ecstatic when I crossed the line. But I should have known better... the course officials had cut the open swim portion a bit because of strong currents, but we didn't find out until afterwards. It was still my best race ever, but not 20 minutes better! It sounds like yours was all yours ;)

Wingman said...

Congratulations!!!! Great imprvoement - can't wait to read the full race report.

LindaF said...

Congratulations on cutting the time off your race from last year! Also, you look great! Mom