Wednesday, April 09, 2008

My race plan (in case you were wondering)

After much deliberation and many discussions, I have decided to go ahead with my plan to do both Ironman races this year. I am 100% committed now! (I was already mostly committed but felt uneasy about my approach. Would I race IMCDA hard? Or Wisconsin? Would I live through September? Would I be able to recover from IMCDA in time?) My plan is to continue losing weight over the next couple of months and to use Ironman Coeur d'Alene as a tool to refine my diabetes management and nutrition for Ironman Wisconsin in September. Instead of peaking my conditioning for Coeur d'Alene, I will back off most of the high intensity intervals except for my weekly cycling class, and lengthen the weekday workouts a bit. I'm sort of sad, actually, because I was really enjoying my tempo runs at heart rate zone 5a (seriously). We still need to do some planning for the recovery for IMCDA and the last 2 months' training before IM Wisconsin. (There are 11 weeks between the 2 races, to be exact.)

Thank you Duane Franks, Rick Crawford and Matt Corcoran for all your help & confidence. I'm pretty fired up!

1 comment:

Wingman said...

Impressive!!!!